Here’s an exciting opportunity for someone who’s interested in shaping how audience refreshments can play a key role within a community arts venue.
The Old Electric’s initial Business Plan was based on a fully-functioning cafe being able to provide valuable income to other aspects of our operation. Recent events have meant that has not been possible. Thanks to Blackpool Council Recovery Fund, they have £5000 to invest in creating a new plan that reimagines how the top floor Gallery Cafe space offer can support general programming in the short and long-term.
They are looking to appoint someone on a freelance basis to:
- Conduct a short period of market research with current and future potential audiences around menus and pricing
- Build a strong understanding of the operational needs of the venue and the balance of free refreshments for targeted projects alongside profit-making opportunities
- Develop a rationale/statement of purpose that clarifies the vision for the cafe including the relationship to health/well-being and to groups in need
- Create a clear, simple, operational plan that identifies short-term and longterm needs and solutions including financial planningThe kitchen/bar area had an initial set-up phase, but would benefit from some further rationalisation in relation to equipment, menus and staffing.The fee for this role is £4000 (with £1000 for equipment, training, stock and trial/taster events).It is anticipated this is a hands-on role within the cafe (training dependent), will involve at least 30-days of time and this initial phase of work be completed by 1 October 2021.
It would be beneficial (although not necessary) for applicants to have an understanding of local, ethical suppliers or at least a desire to find out more.
They’re looking forward to welcoming the right person to the dynamic and diverse team at The Old Electric. Please send a statement of interest via email to [email protected] by by 6pm Friday 30 July.
- To find out more about the venue and the organisation please visit: www.electricsunshineproject.co.uk and www.theoldelectric.co.uk or call Melanie on 07940502450.
Show Comments (0)