Blackpool Heritage Action Zone is excited to announce that it will hold a makers market on Saturday 23 October 2021. They hope to showcase the very best of artists and makers working on the Fylde Coast this creative event.
The market will be the first of a series and will take place in St John’s Square. Not only is this is a unique half term selling opportunity that’s not to be missed, it’s your chance to help shape the markets so that they work well for local artists and makers.
They’re looking for Fylde Coast based stallholders with great creative talent and unique, original products.
- Art & Photography
- Clothing and Accessories
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Living
- Food & Drink – Packaged cold food
- Vintage Clothing
- Vintage Collectables
They will assess all applications based upon the following criteria:
- A professional, well-presented business – a website or social media site with good product descriptions and photographs.
- Artists/makers are based on the Fylde Coast
- Product quality: Products need to be finished to a high standard. They must meet manufacturing standards and may need to be approved by Trading Standards.
- Your social media presence – to show us what you do and to help us promote the event
- The balance of sellers: they want to make sure that there’s a good mix of sellers at the event. They are always looking for new and innovative products to be sold at the event. Some product categories, e.g. Jewellery and Food and Drink retailers can become oversubscribed, in this instance assessments will be made on their uniqueness, exclusivity and their quality. They may also be benchmarked against other applicants in the same category.
- All of your products need to be your own work. With the exception of vintage, they’re not looking for resellers of manufactured goods (e.g. Tropic, Body Shop at Home).
Saturday 23 October: 10am – 5pm (set up access from 8am)
Set-up will take place on Saturday 23 October.
Sellers can arrive from from 8am.
Stalls will be provided.
They know that artists and makers have had a difficult year and as this is the first event, they will not be charging a stall fee. However, they will ask for a £25 deposit which will be returned after you have completed a feedback form after the event.
They will provide a large traditional style 3m x 3m market stall.
Type 1 (Standard)
- A front 60cm (2′) deep front counter.
- 1.2m (4′) rear covered storage/prep area.
- This is the default type of stall available.
Type 2 (Large Counter)
- A 1.2m (4′) deep front counter
- A large, walk-in area.
Depending on which way the stall is set up, this area can be used for storage of stock or, with the counter at the rear, for an added display area.
- You can hang signage from the front of the stall and/or use a tablecloth
- You may decorate your stall as you wish. You can bring a clothing rail to use instead of/as well as a table – please let us know in your application if you wish to do this.
- The event is outdoors, so please prepare for rain and note that there is no WiFi available.
Terms & Conditions
To apply you must:
- Be an artist or maker based on the Fylde Coast
- Hold Public Liability Insurance.
All traders need to have public liability insurance. There are bursaries available for people who are struggling to find affordable insurance. Please use the sign-up form to request this assistance.
The HAZ is not responsible for any losses or damage suffered by you at the event.
By submitting your application, you confirm that you
- Will be present on Saturday 23 October 2021.
And that your products:
- Are your own original work;
- Do not contain or reference any third party trademarks;
- Do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
If your application is successful, your spot will be secured upon payment of the stall deposit of £25, which is to be paid by Friday 15 October 2021. You will be able to pay online.
The deposit will be returned following the completion of an online feedback form after the event.
To apply for a stall, you must agree to the above terms and conditions.
The application process opens on THURSDAY 23 SEPTEMBER and closes at midnight on THURSDAY 30 SEPTEMBER.
The form collects your email address first, in order to provide you with a copy of your application upon submission. You will be able to edit your application up until the closing date. They will also ask you to email product and promotional photographs in support of your application: 2-3 good quality images of products and/or a photo of your stall setup (this could be at a recent event, or a test setup on your kitchen table).
After the closing date, they will review all the applications. All applicants will be contacted by Friday 8 October. Due to the large number of applications expected, they will be unable to offer detailed feedback. They will hold a reserve list in case of any cancellations.
The application form asks for your contact details; you will also be asked to ‘opt-in’ to receive communications from Heritage Action Zone (market communications will come from Blackpool Council and/or Charabanc). Your contact details will not be shared outside of the HAZ, and will only be used to contact you regarding your application and, if successful, with updates or queries leading up to the event itself.
They will share your business name, website/social media links and product photos with selected third parties (namely local press) in order to promote the event.
All applicants’ personal details will be stored securely, if your application is unsuccessful, your personal information will be deleted after the event has taken place.
The Blackpool Creative Market contact information
Website: coming soon
Zoom Q&A session
If you have any specific queries about the market, please join the organisers for a Zoom Q&A on Monday 27 September at 6pm.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Show Comments (0)