In 2019, Blackpool’s creative sector worked with the Creative Careers Programme to successfully deliver a Discover! Creative Careers event in Blackpool that saw over 100 students meet with 30 creative professionals from local creative industry employers, to learn about their job roles and the career pathways available.
For 2021, Blackpool’s Creative Career’s week is moving online for a digital edition, making sure young people across Blackpool have insight into the range of roles that exist across the creative industries on their doorstep. Discover! Creative Careers in National Careers Week 2021 is an opportunity to give students meaningful online encounters with industry professionals and workplaces across Blackpool’s creative and cultural industries through a programme of digital resources…
How to get involved
1. Create a short video that introduces students to your organisation or practice by taking them behind the scenes. Give them an insight into your vision, purpose and what you do. Describe the types of jobs and the skills required to fulfil that role. At the end of the film, set the students a task related to your work for example; design a flyer for a show, a social media post, a press release, design a family activity or edit a film about Blackpool. (You won’t have to mark anything, it will be for teachers to follow up).
2. Create a short ‘getting to know you’ video with member(s) of your team who can talk about their
specialist role and the journey they’ve been on to get into it. Format: MP4 .
Where do I send my videos?
- Please send your videos to [email protected] via Wetransfer by Friday 12 February 2021.
- They will be uploaded onto the Blackpool Start website and the Discover! Creative Careers page.
- Please share your videos on your social media platforms during the 1-5 March week using the hashtags:
- Remember to tag in @CreativeCareer5, @CareersWeek
Discover! Creative Careers Explore page is offering further opportunities for students to learn more about the creative industries. You can go directly to this website and offer online workshops, masterclasses, and case studies.
Show Comments (0)