Following on from the success of the first two events, Trinity Hospice is holding its third annual Bark in the Park on 20 April. Starting and ending at Lawson’s showground, dogs and their retinue will complete a 5k walk around the beautiful woodland and Stanley Park to raise money for Brian House, the children’s hospice.
There are a few rules to follow for those keen to join the fun:
• All dogs much be fit, healthy and used to walking similar distances.
• Dogs must be at least 6 months old and fully vaccinated.
• All dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
• Owners must provide water for their dogs during the walk.
• It is the responsibility of the owner to clean up after their dog.
You can sign up to the event on the Trinity Hospice website where you will find further information about fundraising as well as details of the amazing care provided by Brian House to children with life-limiting conditions.
If you find yourself canine-challenged, possibly due to a reluctance to stoop for poop, why not persuade a friend’s dog to take you along? They’re easily bought, especially labradors, and imagine the joy on the little pup’s face when it gets to be part of a pack of hundreds!
Bark in the Park walk starts at 11am. Please arrive for 10.30 am and don’t forget to sign up and raise plenty of cash for a brilliant cause.
Show Comments (0)